About Chirp Internet
Chirp Internet creates high quality and easy to maintain websites at low cost. We specialize in web design elements such as speed, security, accessibility, usability, and search engine optimization.
We work with professional designers and design studios and have a portfolio of design examples. We prioritise good communication and the success of our clients' websites.
Are you interested in having a website developed and hosted by Chirp? Please look through our portfolio for ideas and then contact us. Here are some recent websites:
- Sequins & Sand - Resortwear for busy women
- Ronin Films - educational DVD sales
- Water Taxi Amsterdam - discover Amsterdam by boat
- Nourished Life - Natural & Organic Discoveries
- Consec ~ conference management and secretarial services
- Eagles Range - Jindabyne farm-stay
- Geranium House - Sustainable Day Spa
- Global GreenTag
- H2O Taxis - Sydney Harbour water taxis
Non-profit and directory websites
- Gday Pubs - Proud of our Pubs
- Canberra & District Historical Society
- Australian Rugby Choir - fellowship through song
- Newspapers.com.au - guide to Australian newspapers
Community Geographic Domains (CGDN)
- Deutschsprachiger Wirtschaftsclub Nordtransilvanien (DWNT)
- Cairns Group Farm Leaders
- European Association for Aviation Psychology (EAAP)
- U3A Canberra - University of the Third Age
- Gas Energy Australia
Government (State and Federal)
Conference and Event websites
Our development team
Chirp is now based in Sibiu, working with partners in Australia and elsewhere for graphic design and related services in order to provide a complete service to our clients:
- Akamai Technologies (formerly Linode) - VPS hosting
- Amazon S3 - cloud storage and backups
- KeyCDN - content delivery network
- NameCheap - SSL certificates
- Dreamscape - domain name registration
A short history of Chirp
Duncan Crombie is a founding partner and director of Chirp. He has been programming for close to 40 years with experience in database design, web development and open source software. Duncan built his first website in 1995 and has not looked back.
Chirp was founded in 1997 in Canberra by a group of friends and recent graduates from the Australian National University. The company gradually expanded while employing a number of graphic designers and programmers.
In 2003, Chirp relocated to Amsterdam, and in 2008 to Sibiu in Transylvania, a city with a fibre optic network and spectacular landscapes.